About our Program
· Bluegrass Crime Stoppers works with WLEX-18, WVLK radio, the Lexington Herald Leader to provide maximum coverage on unsolved crimes and wanted persons.
· More than 8000 cases solved based on tips.
· Trained police personnel assigned on a full time basis to Bluegrass Crime Stoppers.
· The ability to furnish area law enforcement agencies with information on felony crimes, wanted persons, and other criminal activity they would otherwise be unable to obtain.
· The ability to motivate and promote public cooperation and involvement with law enforcement efforts and to reward such involvement.
· Better police-community relations through increased public awareness.
· Prevention of possible crimes before they are actually committed.
· Reawaken public interest in an unsolved case.
· Citizens become aware of the real impact of crime on the community.
· Create a partnership between the police, the media and the community.
· Bluegrass Crime Stoppers was created to assist law enforcement agencies in the Central Kentucky Area.
Crime Stoppers is comprised of diverse, active and dedicated community representatives. Crime Stoppers provides a method for local law enforcement to receive information on crimes. These efforts increase tips, which in turn increase arrests in our community.
Who is Involved
are generally the first Tuesday of the month, and take place at Noon.
Meetings are held at Members Heritage Credit Union, 2420 Members Way,
Lexington (off Harrodsburg between Alexandria and Turfland). The public
is welcome to attend the meetings. The dates for 2018:
August 25 (Shoot Out Date)
All Site Content / Copyright © 2018 / Bluegrass Crime Stoppers
Dynamic WebSite Design / Copyright © 2018 / Anderson Software