2022 Bluegrass Crime Stoppers Shootout
Sponsored by 46 Solutions
Saturday, August 20, 2022
8:30 AM - 2PM
Lexington Police Range, corner of Parker's Mill and Airport Road, Lexington
Pre-registration for the 2022 Shootout is open NOW! Scroll down to pre-pay and reserve your spot to participate in this exciting competition and fundraiser benefiting Bluegrass Crime Stoppers!
Shooters age 21 and up of all skill levels are invited. Use of pistol, ammunition, target, breakfast and drinks are all provided. Officers will be on the range directing shooters and ensuring safety. Awards will be given at various skill levels for Individuals, top teams, high scoring women, seniors and law enforcement. Lunch available for a donation. Silent auction and excellent raffles are available. All proceeds benefit Bluegrass Crime Stoppers--a volunteer-operated nonprofit organization. Families and spectators are welcome, but all shooters must be age 21+ (this is a range rule, no exceptions).
$50 Individual Shoot
$150 Corporate Team (includes 3 shooters)
$50 (single shooter as part of a team of 3)
- Use of Glock Pistol (Glock 17, Gen 4--subject to change)
- 9mm ammunition
- Target (B27 Silhouette Variant)
- Free coffee, water, soft drinks and snacks
- Free Breakfast, courtesy of Chik Fil A
- Lunch available for a donation
Featured this year:
- Grand Prize Raffle: win a $500 Buds Gunshop gift card or a Glock pistol certificate (redeemable for a free Glock Pistol, 21+ and subject to background check). Two Tickets will be drawn. Sponsored by Buds Gunshop and Glock. Tickets are $10 each or 6 for $50, need not be present to win.
- Silent Auction: including a certificate for a Glock pistol and several other great items.
- SAFETY FIRST
- All shooters must be age 21+, no exceptions
- Shooters must show State/Government issued identification (Driver's license, Passport, Military ID, etc.)
- All shooters, participants and volunteers must sign legal waiver
- No personal weapons or ammunition allowed inside the facility
- No open-toed shoes allowed on the range
- All applicable state and federal Covid restrictions in effect will be enforced
- Shooters are required to attend a safety briefing prior to entering range area
- Shooters must obey the commands of the officers on the range
- The officers will be happy to assist novice or first time shooters to ensure safety on the range
- Match directors have final say regarding scoring and awards
- Upon completion of shooting, range officers will score the targets. All scoring is final when the officer completes scoring. Any disputes must be resolved at the time of scoring. Match director has final say over any dispute.
- Shooting is in three stages: five rounds at seven yards, ten rounds at 15 yards, ten rounds at 25 yards. 25 rounds, total.
- Maximum score is 250 points (10 points per round maximum). Bullseye and 10 ring count as 10 points, 9 ring counts as nine points, 8 ring as eight points, 7 ring as seven points, anything outside of the 7 ring is counted as a miss (zero points). Bullseyes ("X's") are tallied separately for tie breaking purposes.
- Individual Shoot is scored using the Lewis system: all individual scores are broken into quartiles. The quartiles are ranked Master, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman. Top three finishers in each quartile receive an award.
- Team Shoot: each team is comprised of three shooters. The scores of all three shooters are combined creating a composite score. The top three teams, by composite score, receive awards (each member receives an award).
- Highest Scoring Senior Citizen: Senior Citizens (age 65+) are eligible for a separate award (must indicate "Senior" on registration sheet). Top three Seniors in the Individual Shoot receive awards.
- Highest Scoring Woman: Women are eligible for a separate award. Top three Women in the Individual Shoot receive awards.
- Highest Scoring Law Enforcement: Law Enforcement Officers (active and retired) are eligible for a separate award. Top three LEO finishers receive awards.
- Match director has final say over any disputes.
Range Sponsor: Integrated Security Solutions
Ammunition Sponsor: Bluegrass Ammunition
Raffle Sponsors: Buds Gunshop and Glock
Media Sponsor: Fox 56
Bimbo Bakeries | Chick Fil-A
Coca Cola | Cumulus Broadcasting
Duplicator Sales and Service | Fox56 | Galls
Gun Fun Shooting Targets | Jif Peanut Butter
Lexington Police Department | Liar Catchers
Members Heritage Credit Union
Pepsi | Practiscore | The Wagner Company
Thanks to all our sponsors, volunteers and participants who help make the Shootout a a great success each year!
Direct any questions regarding the Shootout to John Kirkland, Match Director at: johnkirklandky |at| outlook.com.
Pre-pay to reserve your slot below: